Monday, September 26, 2011

Overview of trip to D.C.

So, after arriving back at school after a great week in D.C. I've had some time to think about the trip. Overall, I thought it was extremely beneficial. We met lots of people who were fortunately able to take time aside from their busy day to talk to us a little bit about what we are getting ourselves into.

I think this trip helped me personally, realize the importance of working hard, and not putting things off. I understand that if I am serious about being a photojournalist and am aspiring for a successful career in the field, I need to work hard all the time. I need to be shooting more, and having focus when I'm doing so. I need to do research before I just throw out a story idea.

The trip also gave me a more positive outlook on myself and what I want to be. As some people know, I can be pretty negative. It's not that I am trying to be, it's just that most of the time, I am so worried about things in the future that I can't even move on to the present. It doesn't make sense, but it's just how I deal with things. Hopefully, with a little confidence and the realization that I won't get anywhere with that attitude, I can throw that aside and focus on right now. Focus on what's important to me, photojournalism. I want to be able to tell a story, and I want to do it well. I want to be able to go to events, and make great singles. I can do this, I just need to stop thinking on how I can do it, and just get it done.

I felt that almost everyone we talked to in D.C. was hopeful for our futures. I felt that they wanted to tell us the right things and not the things we wanted to hear, but the truth. I realize getting a ob in this field won't be easy, but it sure isn't impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment