Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving break so far..

I have spent the past 3 days of my break at the AP in Washington, D.C. It's been incredible! On Monday, I mostly hung out around the office and got to see how the editors work, which was interesting. Tuesday, I went on an assignment and shadowed AP photographer, Jacquelyn Martin (an RIT grad). I got to assist her, ask lots of questions, and watch how she works. Today, Wednesday, was probably the most exciting for me. I worked at the White House with AP photographers, Charlie Dharapak and Pablo Monsivais, where all three of us photographed President Obama pardoning the turkey. I was a little nervous, but it was extremely cool. I sat in a room inside the White House most of the day, with other photographers in the White House press pool and then getting the chance to actually shoot was amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment